- Lead Economic Development for the Waikato Region
- Results focus, commercial acumen
- Proactive relationship leader
Maa tou rourou maa tooku rourou ka ora ai te Iwi.
With my food basket and your food basket, the people will thrive.
Te Waka is Waikato’s regional economic development agency. Formed in mid-2018, Te Waka is a business led and governed organisation established to drive economic growth in Waikato.
The Waikato region’s prime location and diverse economy are at the heart of the region’s competitive advantage. Te Waka high-level objectives for our region are to:
- Lift economic performance across the Waikato region.
- Attract, retain and grow investment, talent and business across the region.
- Champion and provide one voice for economic and business needs and opportunities across the region.
If you are the person we are seeking you will:
- Have a genuine passion for the Waikato region, our businesses and our communities.
- Be a proven commercial leader with credibility across key business sectors.
- Work effectively with a complex group of stakeholders including business, local and central government, and our iwi partners.
- Have demonstrated team leadership and management skills.
- Be driven to proactively build and maintain strong relationships, influence, inspire and engage.
- Relentlessly focus on results, and be prepared to do the mahi yourself given the realities of a small team.
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Your background will include commercial leadership roles that have had a business development focus, as well as sound general management skills to ensure the effective running of Te Waka. Banking and professional services firm experience would be a particular advantage, as would experience working alongside local or central government and with iwi.
For a copy of the position description or to arrange an initial conversation please email Raewyn@amytea.co.nz.
To apply, email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday 13 February.