- Are you passionate about sustainability, climate change and the environment?
- Work with some of Aotearoa’s most sustainably ambitious organisations
- Auckland based role
We are the Sustainable Business Council (SBC) and Climate Leaders Coalition (CLC), two membership organisations supporting New Zealand’s most ambitious companies to accelerate Aotearoa’s transition to zero-carbon by 2050. We do this through advocacy to government and by championing our members to be at the leading edge of sustainability. You can find out more about SBC here: https://www.sbc.org.nz/
About the Role:
As our Events Manager, reporting to the Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering a compelling programme of events including design, promotion and delivery, that brings SBC members together and helps them be at the forefront of environmental and social sustainability.
- Developing an annual calendar of events that meets the needs of a broad cross section of SBC & CLC members
- Designing individual events so they are relevant, compelling for members and help create a sense of connection and opportunities to share knowledge
- Delivering each event including project management and carrying out all the tasks required to make each event a success
- Building and maintaining relationships with members, partners and key stakeholders.
- Proactive, willing to learn, innovative, confident, and able to thrive in the face of tight deadlines, while juggling competing demands
- Experience delivering events on time and to budget
- Confidence and experience building relationships with stakeholders
- Knowledge and comfort with event technology such as webinars and streaming video
- Digital publishing, digital marketing experience or communications experience (an advantage)
Why you will love working for SBC & CLC:
- We are a purpose led organisation working on some of the most important issues of our time. Getting involved helps to shape our country’s future.
- The chance to be at the heart of climate action during a critical time for New Zealand.
- Personal development through professional leadership development programme as well as opportunities to learn on the ground due to the nature of a being small team with lots of great work on the horizon.
- Engagement with sustainability leaders in Aotearoa and globally which will enable you to broaden your network and influence for positive impact.
- The opportunity to work across the public and private sectors
- Flexible working arrangements
We are flexible as to the information you wish to share when you apply. This could be your CV and a cover letter or an event portfolio, with links to events you have managed. Share with us what showcases you and your experience best. Please send through to email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 17 September.
For any queries or a copy of the candidate information pack, please contact Jo Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org