- Newly Created Position
- Seeking expertise in crown entity monitoring and reporting
- Flexible location and hours – full time or 0.8
Predator Free 2050 Limited is a Crown-owned, charitable company established to help deliver the New Zealand government’s ambitious goal or eradicating possums, stoats and rats by 2050. We provide co-funding and support to enable predator eradication projects at large landscape scale and the breakthrough science and product development needed to underpin them.
We are seeking to appoint a new position of Governance Director. In this role you will be responsible for providing governance advice, board support and reporting services. You will be responsible for managing the relationship with our monitoring agency (Department of Conservation) as well as driving excellent governance with the PF2050 Limited Board and managing government reporting requirements with appropriate levels of assurance and transparency.
- Guide the evolution of the Board’s governance processes and systems, driving leading practices to support excellent governance, including a Board Charter.
- Manage Board meetings, and ensure compliance with legislative requirements and our constitution.
- Work with the board and monitoring agency to lead the review of the Statement of Intent (SOI) and develop the annual Statement of Performance Expectation (SPE), ensuring it meets the expectations of shareholding Ministers
- Own the critical external and key agency relationships, with a focus on our monitoring agency, ensuring the Predator Free 2050 Limited story is well understood, reporting is well managed, and that risk issues are well addressed.
- Work with the CEO on enhancing external relationships with other key agencies/entities.
- Support our reporting requirements, ensuring that all our reports are accurate, balanced and timely, and meet our monitoring agencies requirements
- Co-ordinate our annual response to the select committee.
You will be an experienced governance advisor or manager with expertise in crown agency monitoring. You will have a thorough understanding of the Crown Entities Act, and of the machinery of central government. A track record supporting governance boards, as well as exceptional relationship management skills and a high degree of organisation and attention to detail are all essential.
Working for Predator Free 2050 Limited means knowing you are contributing to a significant environmental programme, with outcomes that will benefit future generations here in Aotearoa. This will be a fixed term role to June 2024, and is preferably based in Wellington, or Auckland. Working from home and a potential part time (0.8 arrangement) will be considered.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 4 February 2022.