- Significant social sector leadership role
- Lead a network of specialist associates
- National role, Auckland based
As Head of Centre, you will have full responsibility for the development and operational management of CSI as Foundation North’s social business. This involves managing the provision of external client consulting services and working closely with your Foundation North Management colleagues to support strategy, evaluation, capability and capacity building both internally and externally.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu – What you will bring
You will come with senior strategic leadership experience in the not for profit/community sector. A values-based leader, driven by a desire for positive impact, you have built and led high performing teams and successfully led functional/business transformation. With exceptional inter-personal skills you are able to evidence your experience:
- developing and managing high level strategic relationships/partnering arrangements.
- managing consulting services and practitioners.
- negotiating and managing contracts.
A strategic thinker who takes a systems-wide approach, you balance this with practical business management skills that sees impactful mahi done to a high standard. You will also:
- demonstrate knowledge of Te Tiriti, Te Reo Māori and tikanga Māori and how they impact on the work context.
- understand processes and procedures for structuring projects and managing multiple programmes of work.
- bring research and analysis skills.
- possess an empowering coaching ability.
- have a sense of humour – we like to have fun.
Mō mātou – Our Organisation
Supporting the communities of today to shape the communities of tomorrow
Foundation North holds in trust for the communities of Auckland and Northland an endowment of over a billion dollars. This positions us uniquely to fund around $40m each year to not-for-profit initiatives in our region and to take strategic action to enhance lives.
Established in 2014, our social business, the Centre for Social Impact (CSI), has a vision to lead New Zealand in turning social investment into social impact to create inspiring sustainable social change. CSI’s network of specialist associates and partner organisations help grant-makers and funders invest for impact and enable community organisations to achieve their goals of sustainable social change. By capturing insights and learnings we seek to support the replication of successful social change initiatives and the integration into mainstream policy and practice.
Ō Tātou Uara – Our Values
Our values guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Kia kotahi te hoe – Working together
- Me mahi i roto i te tika te pono me te aroha – Doing the right thing with respect and care
- Whakamana – Enabling, uplifting and reinforcing
- Ako – Listening, learning and understanding
Tūhono mai – Join us
If you’re seeking to power social impact for Aotearoa and are hungry to join a great team supporting the communities of today to shape the communities of tomorrow, apply now.
Based in Ponsonby, we are a collaborative team of professionals focused on continuous learning, personal development and supporting innovative thinking. We offer flexible working arrangements, a competitive salary, 5 weeks’ annual leave, and a benefits package including an employee fully subsidised health insurance plan and professional development.
For more information or to arrange a discussion, please contact Melissa Keane at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Applications close Friday 28 May 2021.