MOTAT Board appointments by RFA, on behalf of Auckland Council, and The MOTAT Society
As New Zealand’s largest transport and technology museum, MOTAT offers an exciting learning experience for all ages while preserving the nation’s technological taonga and stories. Over the past five years, it has successfully moved from being a “museum of things” to a “lightbulb institution” that is audience-focused, vision-based and has a transformative impact on its community. MOTAT’s vision for the future is to be New Zealand’s “must experience” museum, using Kiwi technology and ingenuity to educate and inspire the innovators of tomorrow.
The continued success and transformation of MOTAT requires a Board that is flexible, entrepreneurial, customer-centric and collaborative. Regional Facilities Auckland (on behalf of Auckland Council) and The MOTAT Society seek applications from directors with a genuine passion for MOTAT’s vision and values, whose diverse backgrounds, expertise and perspectives contribute to strong governance and effective decision-making.
Skills and competencies sought
All candidates must be experienced directors with outstanding strategic and interpersonal skills. In this year’s Board appointment process, we are looking for candidates who can also demonstrate the following:
- Experience and a successful track record of the strategic, fiduciary and generative responsibilities of governance
- Networks and influence in central and local political environments
- Experience and demonstrated professional competence of working in museums that focus on technology, ingenuity and science
- Audit qualifications and experience
- Practitioners of tikanga Māori, with mana and strategic governance experience through working with mana whenua, iwi and Māori groups and organisations
- Experience of property development projects (an advantage for candidates with one or more of the above competencies)
Ideal candidates will demonstrate a connection to Auckland’s diverse communities, active interest in and contribution to community-based organisations during their careers, and a commitment to the spirit of partnership and goodwill envisaged by the Treaty of Waitangi.
Candidates should be Auckland-based, or within driving distance of Auckland.
How to apply:
This Board appointment process is being managed by MartinJenkins, supported by Vaney Executive Search and Amy Tea Consulting. For further information about the Museum, key candidate requirements, remuneration and how to apply, please refer to the Candidate Information below.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 30 March 2020.
If you require a confidential conversation, please contact:
Amy Tea – Email: email@example.com Mobile: 027 435 3000
2020 he pānui mō ngā tono ki Te Poari o MOTAT nā RFA, mō Te Kaunihera o Tāmaki, me MOTAT Manatōpū
Ko MOTAT te whare tongarewa nunui o Aotearoa i te wāhi ki ngā waka me te hangarau, e hoatu ana a MOTAT i ngā wheako hihiri ki ngā reanga katoa me te āta pupuri i ngā taonga hangarau me ōna pūrākau. I ēnei tau e rima, kua whanake mai i te “whare pupuri taonga noa” ki te “whare rarama” e arotahi ana ki te minenga, e anga ana ki anamata me te whakaaweawe whanaketanga ki te hapori. Ko tā MOTAT whakakitenga mō anamata kia noho ko ia te whare tongarewa “me wheako” mā te whakamahi i te hangarau Kiwiāna me ōna auahatanga hei whakaako, hei whakaawe i ngā kaiauaha o āpōpō.
E piki tonu ai te angitū me te whanaketanga o MOTAT me whai Poari tangatanga, toa ki te pakihi, arotahi ki ngā kiritaki me te mahitahi. E rapu ana a Regional Facilities Auckland (mō Te Kaunihera o Tāmaki) me MOTAT Manatōpū i ngā tono mai i ngā kaiwhakahaere e ngākau tapatahi ana ki ngā whāinga me ngā uara o MOTAT, ko ā rātou wheako maha, pūkenga me ngā tirohanga ka whakakaha i ngā whakahaere poari me ngā whakatau kounga.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā mōhiotanga e rapua ana
Katoa ngā kaitono me kaiwhakahaere whai wheako, me tino pakari hoki ngā pūkenga rautaki me ngā pūkenga tāngata. I tēnei tau i te Poari e whai nei i te tukanga kōwhiri, e rapu ana mātou i ngā kaitono kei a rātou ēnei āhuatanga:
- He whai wheako, e kitea ana hoki ōna hītori kawe haepapa whakahaere i te wāhi ki ngā rautaki, te pono me te whakawhanake
- He hononga, he awenga hoki ki ngā wāhi tōrangapū, ā-motu, ā-hapori hoki
- He wheako me ngā mōhiotanga ngaio o te mahi ki ngā whare tongarewa e aro ana ki te hangarau, te auahatanga me te pūtaiao
- He tohu tātari kaute me ngā wheako
- He mātanga tikanga Māori, he whai mana, me ngā wheako mahi tahi ki ngā mana whenua, iwi, ngā rōpū Māori me ngā uepū
- He whai wheako ki ngā kaupapa whakawhanake whenua (he pūkenga tāpiri tēnei mō ngā kaitono kei a ia te kotahi e rua rānei o ngā pūkenga o runga nei)
Ko ngā kaitono hāngai ka whakaatu i ōna hononga ki ngā hapori maha o Tāmaki, tana kaha whai i ngā kaupapa ā-hapori i ōna tau mahi, me te whaikoha ki te kotahitanga me te ngākau oha i whakakitea ki Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko ngā kaitono me noho ki Tāmaki, me āhei rānei te hautū mai ki Tāmaki.
Me pēhea te tono:
E whakahaerengia ana tēnei tukanga tono Poari e MartinJenkins, me te tautoko mai a Vaney Exectuive Search me Amy Tea Consulting. Mō ētahi atu mōhiohio e pā ana ki te Whare Tongarewa, ngā mōhiotanga matua mō te kaitono, te utu me pēhea hoki te tono, tirohia te Candidate Information i te taunga ipuranga o MartinJenkins’.
Ka kapi ngā tono ā te 5 ahiahi o te Rāpare 26 o Poutūterangi 2020.
Mēnā koe e hiahia ana ki te kōrero matatapu, whakapā mai ki a:
Amy Tea – Īmera: firstname.lastname@example.org Waea pūkoro: 027 435 3000