- Auckland based team, national position, flexible location and hours
- Advocacy and Connection for Youth in Care
- Apply your evaluation and research skills to make a tangible difference
VOYCE – Whakarongo Mai is a national organisation that connects tamariki and rangatahi who have been or are in care. At the centre of our kaupapa is the belief that the voices of tamariki and rangatahi in care need to be kept at the centre of all decisions made about them. A small, nimble and agile organisation, VOYCE has teams across the country and works closely with a wide range of stakeholders.
VOYCE is now looking to grow its quality and insights function. This is one of 3 new permanent roles that is being recruited which, together, will be game changing for the way the voices of young people impact the care system.
This role provides expert advice and support to VOYCE – Whakarongo Mai in the area of evaluation and research. Through robust evaluation and research, VOYCE can effectively understand and advocate for the voices of children and young people who are or have been in care. This role will ensure our strategy, operations and advocacy are informed by robust and timely evidence from both internal data and evaluation, and external derived insights and research.
You will need to believe in the vision of the organisation and bring an authentic passion for young people and a desire to influence the care system. In addition, you will bring:
- An undergraduate (and preferably post graduate) qualification in a field with relevant research methodologies.
- Experience developing and delivering against research, evaluation and monitoring frameworks.
- Proven knowledge and experience in research and/or evaluation in social sciences or similar field, with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of human centred design or design thinking, co-design practices and the ability to use these to develop quality research and evaluation programmes.
- Experience working with young people and/or the care sector is desirable.
- Experience working with kaupapa Māori research models is desirable.
- Well developed stakeholder engagement and influencing skills.
- A fast paced, hands on and results oriented approach.
This is one of three positions at VOYCE, for information on the other roles please visit https://amytea.co.nz/opportunities/
A copy of the job description is available below. For more information please contact Amy Tea or Jo Bell via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
To apply send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd September.