- National position with flexibility on location
- Advocacy and Connection for Youth in Care
- Develop and deliver innovative solutions for youth participation
VOYCE – Whakarongo Mai is a national organisation that connects tamariki and rangatahi who have been or are in care. At the centre of our kaupapa is the belief that the voices of tamariki and rangatahi in care need to be kept at the centre of all decisions made about them. A small, nimble and agile organisation, VOYCE has teams across the country and works closely with a wide range of stakeholders.
VOYCE is now looking to grow its quality and insights function. This is one of 3 new permanent roles that is being recruited, which together will be game changing for the way the voices of young people impact the care system.
This role will be the key project lead delivering our youth participation strategy. This work will mean that VOYCE establishes, maintains, grows and innovates challenges through which rangatahi engage with VOYCE through national and regional Councils, employment and other channels.
You will need to believe in the vision of the organisation and bring an authentic passion for young people and a desire to influence the care system. In addition, you will bring:
- An undergraduate (and preferably post graduate) qualification in youth work, social work or similar.
- Proven knowledge and experience in youth advocacy or working with youth.
- Knowledge of facilitation processes as well as business case development and project management.
- Experience working with young people and/or the care sector is desirable.
- Well developed stakeholder engagement and influencing skills.
- Experience working with Māori stakeholders would be an advantage.
- A fast paced, hands on and results oriented approach.
This is one of three positions at VOYCE, for information on the other roles please visit https://amytea.co.nz/opportunities/
A copy of the job description is available below. For more information please contact Amy Tea or Jo Bell via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
To apply send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 23rd September.