- Newly created role within a new commercial entity, significant asset base
- Taupō/Tūrangi base with flexible working conditions
- Te Ao Māori values and Kaupapa
He weuweu takitini, he pū takitahi
One seed, many outgrowths; all great things start from something small
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are seeking an experienced General Manager Forestry and Sustainability to lead us in the next phase of our journey. As a kaupapa Māori organisation, te taiao is at the heart of all we do. The forestry estate is the core of our asset base and alignment between our future forestry aspirations and sustainability and environmental objectives are key. However, sustainability means more to us than this – we aspire for enhanced environmental and social outcomes across all of our asset base and investments, so this role is vital in building and delivering the plan to achieve those aspirations.
You will be working closely with the CEO, assisting them to develop and operationalise key management tools and the frameworks needed to succeed and secure buy-in from a range of key stakeholders.
As General Manager Forestry and Sustainability you will be responsible for:
- The management of the future direction of the forestry portfolio for Tupu Angitu and ensuring this aligns with Tupu Angitu’s future forestry aspirations and sustainability and environmental objectives.
- Developing and implementing the Company’s Sustainability Policy and Emissions Reduction Plan.
- Ensuring sustainability and ESG objectives are embedded across our business and that we have a framework to measure progress against these.
Ko wai koe | About you
You will have:
- Strong analytical skills and experience in developing and implementing strategic frameworks
- A strong understanding of sustainability and climate change, particularly with reference to forestry
- Experience with planning, optimisation and budgeting within an operational environment
- Experience in a similar environment with a proven record of consistently meeting agreed budgets, goals and working on business plans
- An influencing style with experience leading in a changing environment
- The ability to motivate, inspire and develop key relationships with contractors, shareholders and broader stakeholders
- Experience championing an organisation’s journey toward carbon net zero is advantageous
- A strong understanding of māori values and kaupapa based environmental management, and
- Knowledge of te reo me ona tikanga would be an advantage.
What will set you apart is your commitment to our values and our kaupapa, our commitment to te taiao, and your willingness to be hands-on in an autonomous environment.
Located across Taupō/Tūrangi, flexible working conditions are available.
Mō mātou | About Us
Tupu Angitu is poised for success with a significant asset base, a professional Board and newly appointed Chief Executive. As the commercial subsidiary of Lake Taupō Forest Trust, Tupu Angitu is a recently established entity that is deeply values centred, acting as the kaitiaki of critical assets ensuring sustainable financial returns for the future of Tūwharetoa whānui.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To receive the information pack and to arrange an initial discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.