- Aotearoa’s largest Community Housing Provider
- Mana Motuhake in Action. Game changing equity moves
- Innovative social services delivery and operations
Mō mātou | About Us
The Tāmaki Regeneration Company (TRC) works with, and for, the people of Tāmaki to shape the future of our community together. Owned by the Government and Auckland Council, our goal is to enable the people of Tāmaki to reach their aspirations. Our focus is on empowering and enhancing the wellbeing of tangata whenua and tangata tiriti. We honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi as the founding document of Aotearoa, and we are embedding the principles into our decision-making.
We aim to provide world-leading tenancy, place and property management services across 2,500 Tāmaki Housing Association (THA) managed properties and various commercial properties in Tāmaki. We are kaitiaki of the public housing in our community, as we move towards the vision of equity and Mana Motuhake for Tāmaki.
Mō tēnei turanga mahi | About this role
As our General Manager Housing you will be part of our incredible leadership team who are committed to genuine transformation. Responsible for the largest Community Housing Provider (CHP) in Aotearoa, you will have the size, scale, and mandate to be innovative and champion our values and kaupapa. Through our housing services, you and your team will support equity outcomes for Māori and Pasifika, and all of our community.
You will lead a team of around 40 that works in partnership with mana whenua, communities, crown agencies and others to deliver services that are founded on manaakitanga, and a commitment to kanohi ki te kanohi service delivery. Working across our wider community to build strong social cohesion, your team will manage tenancy services, effective transitions for whānau, management of our waiting list, reactive and planned maintenance, and relationships with suppliers.
Ko wai koe| About you
All the leaders at TRC are dynamic, action oriented, courageous and challenge the status quo. We care deeply about each other, our teams and our communities. We thrive on having challenging conversations about equity, inclusion and the role of mana whenua.
As well as these core qualities, our GM Property will need:
- Significant experience in operational delivery at size and scale, in a sector such as social housing, health, or community/social services.
- Experience leading teams, including as a manager of managers, providing inspirational values-based leadership.
- A high level of judgment, maturity, resilience and personal mana – you will need courage under fire!
- A track record of exceptional service delivery and a commitment to continuous improvement including on tight budgets.
- Experience successfully working in genuine partnership with mana whenua and communities, this as the heart of everything we do at TRC.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
At TRC we are innovative and courageous, deeply committed to our values and willing to do things differently. If this sounds like you, please get in touch with the team at ATCL Search.
To receive the information pack and to arrange an initial kōrero please email Raewyn Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close on Wednesday, 29th November 2023.
Panel Interviews are expected to be held on the 11th and/or 12th of December 2023.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.